Torn Earlobe Repair
Earlobe Repair Surgery Central Florida
Because of how thin the skin is around the ear in general, torn earlobe repair and partial split lobe reversal are two extremely common procedures. There are a variety of situations that can cause someone to need the surgery, but broadly:
- Trauma: If earrings are pulled through the piercing hole.
- Heavy Earrings: These can lengthen the hole over time and eventually pull all the way through.
- Clip-On Earrings: If they're overly tight, they can restrict blood flow and cause necrosis, which could split the earlobe.
Luckily, the process to repair damage to this area is fairly quick and straightforward. You'll experience something like the following:
- Your surgeon will clean the area with an antiseptic.
- Then you'll receive a local anesthetic to numb the area.
- Next, the lobe is stitched back together.
- Finally, depending on the type of suture used, you'll either have to back in a few weeks to have the stitches removed - or they'll fall out on their own.