Cosmetic Botox Treatment in Central Florida
One of the most popular, widely used wrinkle treatments available in the U.S., Botox Cosmetic injections are used by millions each year to relax dynamic wrinkles caused by movement of facial muscles.
BOTOX® is commonly used to treat the following conditions:
- to treat overactive bladder symptoms such as a strong need to urinate with leaking or wetting accidents (urge urinary incontinence), a strong need to urinate right away (urgency), and urinating often (frequency) in adults 18 years and older when another type of medicine (anticholinergic) does not work well enough or cannot be taken.
- to treat leakage of urine (incontinence) in adults 18 years and older with overactive bladder due to neurologic disease who still have leakage or cannot tolerate the side effects after trying an anticholinergic medication
- to prevent headaches in adults with chronic migraine who have 15 or more days each month with headache lasting 4 or more hours each day in people 18 years or older
- to treat increased muscle stiffness in elbow, wrist, and finger muscles in people 18 years and older with upper limb spasticity
- to treat the abnormal head position and neck pain that happens with cervical dystonia (CD) in people 16 years and older
- to treat certain types of eye muscle problems (strabismus) or abnormal spasm of the eyelids (blepharospasm) in people 12 years and older
Are you a candidate?
Botox treatment is ideal for both men and women who wish to diminish and prevent fine lines and creases on the face and neck or lift mildly drooping brows. According to Allergan, the company that makes Botox, cosmetic treatment with Botox is indicated for patients who are 18-65 years old, while non-cosmetic Botox treatment may be indicated for patients as young as 12.
Botox Side Effects
Inexperienced injectors are often to blame for Botox side effects, however it is important to know the possible risks before seeking Botox injections. Potential Botox side effects include:
- Injections site reaction
- Minor bruising and swelling at the injection site
- Swollen or droopy eyelids
It is important to note that because the effects of Botox wear off within a few months after injection, any side effects that occur should not last long longer than six months maximum.